Purchase tests are essential to ensure that payments are processed correctly before authorizing real transactions. To verify that your store is set up correctly, we recommend testing payments before going live.
Here's how to test the integration:
- Access Your integrations in the Mercado Pago admin and select the application you want to test.
- Click on Test accounts in the left menu.
- Within the Test accounts section, click on Create test account and create two different accounts: one for the seller and another for the buyer. It's not possible to use the same test account for both seller and buyer. Refer to the Test accounts documentation for step-by-step account creation.
- Open a new incognito window and log in to Mercado Pago using the seller's test account created in the previous step.
- In the same incognito window logged in as a seller, access the Developer dashboard and create a new application, following the detailed instructions in the Developer dashboard documentation.
- Access the application created in step 5 and click on Production credentials in the left menu. Copy the
- Go to the PrestaShop panel settings (Modules > Module Manager > Payment > Mercado Pago > Configure).
- Enter the production credentials
public_keyof the seller's test account in the Production credentials field.
- In the application created in step 5, click on Test credentials in the left menu. Copy the
- Also, enter the test credentials
public_keyof the seller's test account in the Test credentials field.
Click on Save.
Open a new incognito window and log in to Mercado Pago using the buyer's test account created in step 3.
In the same window logged in as a buyer, access your store and make a purchase by providing test information such as phone and email from the buyer's test account. In "Documento," select the option OTRO and enter 9 digits. Also, use the test cards available in the documentation corresponding.
After completing a test purchase using Checkout Pro or Checkout API, the purchase approval will be visible in the PrestaShop Admin Panel, except for purchases made offline, which will remain pending.
Furthermore, orders will be recorded in the history of the Mercado Pago test seller account.